Saturday, May 23, 2009

cable tax

As some of you might know, Direct TV is be forced by some states to raise satellite taxes. What's interesting about this is a friend and I just had a discussion about cable prices. Neither one of us can understand the cost when cable channels have commercials (sponsors that pay for advertisement). These sponsors are how local channels make money without any fee from us. Cable and satellite services charge us a ridiculous fee and still get paid from sponsors. This is a no lose scenario for the business and a complete loss for us. Yeah we get to watch shows that are not broadcast on local channels for a fee and at the same time we're paying to watch commercials that companies paid a fee to broadcast. Now they're gonna tell us it's gonna cost more money to watch commercials. How about you charge the sponsors more and lower my cost. I'm sure all these credit and insurance companies I see everyday can afford it. I don't want Ensurance, Geico or AARP. I don't want free credit report dot com and I never wanna see that black guy from the Allstate commercials ever again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment