Saturday, May 23, 2009

Credit and Guns?

President Obama just recently signed a bill to help stop credit card companies from jerking us all the time. Now the strange part is, in order to get this bill passed through legislation without delay he had to include an completely unrelated provision. Now all the gun crazy people are aloud to carry loaded firearms into national parks and wildlife refuges. Are you kidding me. So you're telling me the only way to stop credit card companies from ripping me off is to let gun crazy redneck hillbillies walk around the park with a loaded gun!!!!
I'm not the smartest man in the world but I think I can pretty much figure out what's gonna happen if you let hunters walk around a wild life refuge with loaded guns. Maybe it's just me, but I'm a little concerned about children playing in a national park with Billy Joe Bob 5 yards away carry a loaded .45 with Vietnam flashbacks "my son's name is not Charlie".
I can not understand what this provision has to do with credit card companies. What's next, I will have a fuel efficient car but I can only drink Budweiser beer?

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree 10000% with that. It's how Washington works though. Senators consider themselves appropriators for their state, constituency and top campaign contributors. In order to get senators to go along with your plan you often have to tuck into your bill things that are totally unrelated or even outlandish like research into why pigs smell bad ,new ways to combat Mormon crickets or a million dollars for boomerang research. It seems like insanity on the surface but in reality it’s the only way some of the campaign promises senators make get fulfilled. To a New Yorker pig odor and Mormon crickets are not worth researching but to a farmer in Oregon it’s a very important issue indeed.

    I have to agree though that I would have killed the bill before I agreed to allow hillbillies to run around national parks with guns in order to pass it. I bet Dick Cheney is driving to a national park as we speak. BTW : I’m stuck at work with absolutely nothing to do since it’s a holiday weekend and nothing is going on so I've been checking out your blog. Got some good stuff going here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks and I agree with everything you just said. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours can only go but so far. Boomerang research lol.

    ReplyDelete