Thursday, May 28, 2009

is waterboarding torture?

I've never been water boarded so I just have to tell you what other people say. Like you I've heard both sides of the story. So far anyone who as been subjected themselves to water boarding took only about 5 seconds before they admitted it was torture. But the most convincing statement was by Jesse Ventura on Countdown with Keith Olbermann on MNBC. Jesse Ventura who is the former Governor of Minnesota, former WWF wrestler and former Navy Seal says he was water boarded as part of his seal training. He said it is torture and can cause death. He said when they did it during training there was always a doctor present due to the danger. He even went so far as to say that Michael Phelps couldn't take water boarding. He also like Keith Olbermann took Sean Hannity's challenge to be water boarded. Like I said I can't speak from experience and due to the controversy this has caused I hope I never gain that experience. But if I had to choose someone to believe about this topic it would have to be Jesse Ventura. I challenge anyone to call him a liar to his face without armed security.

No comments:

Post a Comment